23.3.09

4 : charity : water


"WHY WATER.
Right now, 1.1 billion people on the planet don't have access to safe, clean drinking water. That's one in six of us.

WHO WE ARE.
charity: water is a non profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. We give 100% of the money raised to direct project costs, funding sustainable clean water solutions in areas of greatest need. Just $20 can give one person in a developing nation clean water for 20 years."

-charitywater.org

Now I know I'm no Saint, but I ran across this site and couldn't help but to be compelled by the moving concept this organization stands for. Like many of you reading this, I too have my reasons for losing faith in charities, but charity : water ensures that 100% of donations are given to their partners in actively installing water wells in places that desperately need them.

Highly aware of the society we live in today, I have grown far too frustrated with mankind's excessive crimes of selfishness. I have decided to take the initiative of making every effort in being a more selfless person. If I may come off as being obnoxious, I'm sorry but I can't say that I give a shit. This planet is my home as well and I intend on doing my best to make sure it doesn't turn to shit.

Just 20$ can help a person in Africa get drinking water for 20 years. Amazing! Make a donation today. Save a life. Save the world. Save yourself.

For more information... click ME!

1 comment:

  1. Great project. Maybe you can somehow add these ideas to the final project?

    ReplyDelete