10.3.09

You got the Questions, I got the Answers???

Tom Septak: "How has electronics and technology shaped today's culture and society?"
  • As elaborated in the reading, electronics and technology today haven't only shaped culture and society, but has also connected all cultures and societies. No more do individual societies share and connect amongst themselves but all of them can. As we are all networked we become a SYSTEM of networks. Forever and always connected. When something happens in one country, another country will be aware of it.
Kira McDonald: "What are some other examples of heterotopias?
  • A hotel room, hospital, garden, library, gym, cemetery
Emily Suzuki: "Can you think of a place or object that you felt you knew intimately, but later discovered new elements of your experience with it, once you stepped away and separated yourself from it?"
  • Yes, my laptop for example. In touching the keys, looking at the screen, hearing the sounds, smelling the smell of the plastic and metal with electricity, it became a sensory tool that I connected with my personally. But when separate myself from it, it just becomes an object. An object which bewilders me in that its a flat rectangular box that has so much control over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment